Week 9- Headlights and Tail Lights

This week I wanted to work on the mentors' suggestion to turn on the headlights and tail lights of the car. I selected geo inside the headlight and turned it into a mesh light. I adjusted the Intensity and Color Temperature to get the desired look. Adding this light brought some noise to the render, so I also increased the Samples for this mesh light.




After that, I created another render layer that would help add the effect of this light on the road in the live-action plate. I applied a black aiStandardSurface shader to the ground plane. I increased the Roughness of this shader, since the road wouldn't be reflective. I turned off the Primary Visibility of the car and Light Visible for the mesh light as Layer Overrides.



I used a mesh light for the tail light as well. 





This is what the renders looked like, with the headlights and tail lights turned on, in Camilo's comp.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 6- Reflection Layer Setup

Week 4- HDRI Test and Lighting

Week 8- Lookdev Refinement