Week 8- Lookdev Refinement

This week I wanted to work on refining the lookdev for the tire region of the car because it occupies considerable screen space in Shot 04 and Shot 05. I added a bump map to add some logo details and extra ridges to the camera facing side of the tire. I used aiNoise to procedurally create another bump map to break up the surface of the tire so it didn't feel uniformly smooth.





Next, I added some details to the shader for the brakedisc. I created an opacity map to make the holes that would be caused by the brakes. To make circular scratches on the brakedisc, I connected aiCellNoise with Worley1 pattern to aiNoise and used it as a map for specular Rotation.



This is what these lookdev updates looked like.

Before

 

After


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 6- Reflection Layer Setup

Week 4- HDRI Test and Lighting