Week 6- Reflection Layer Setup

This week I created another render layer to capture the reflection of the car on the windows of the building in Shot 05. I created a plane and matched its position to the position of the windows in the live-action plate. I applied a black colored aiStandardSurface shader, with 0 Roughness, to this plane- so the MergePlus node can be used in comp to add this Reflection pass. I turned off the Primary Visibility of the car geo as a Layer Override. 





Since this plane was also reflecting the HDRI from the skydome light, I used light-linking so the skydome light only affected the car and not the plane.



I added extra area lights to this render layer to brighten the reflection and provide enough light information for compositing.



This is what the reflection pass looked like on the live-action plate.


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4- HDRI Test and Lighting

Week 8- Lookdev Refinement