Week 3- Still Camera Setup and Lookdev Turntable
Our first task this week was to shoot the final live-action plates and HDRIs. Based on test footage and notes from mentors during the preceding weeks, we decided to shoot during the night on a neon lit street- a night sky would really help exhibit the FX and the reflections of neon signs on the car made for a beautiful scene. This is what our previz looked like with the plates shot by Camilo-
Since Shot 01 and Shot 02 have a static camera, I aligned the CG camera using a reference plate with a wooden cube.
I then moved on to continuing work on the Lookdev for the car. I first wanted to try to resolve some noise issues I noticed creating the turntable for Week 2. It seemed like a lot of noise was originating from the Flakes in the Ai Car Paint shader I had made and after adjusting its Density and Roughness I was able to reduce the noise. I also started testing how the Ai Car Paint would interact with the saturated HDRIs and what the reflections would look like. Based on that, I made adjustments to the shaders so we saw the colors and specular range we wanted. I added a bump map to the Coat of the Ai Car Paint to break up the highlight shapes on the car.
This was the turntable and material quilt for the car at this stage.
Comments
Post a Comment